Friday, November 11, 2011

Pregnant at 16

He started to take over every inch of me.  I didn't want to hang out with friends I just wanted to be with him even if it scared me.  If I were to hang out with friends I would have just been accused of doing something I wasn't anyway.  So, the majority of the time I just played it safe and stayed home waiting for him.  He went to a separate high school so he began to meet new girls.  I started hearing rumors that he was cheating on me.  I knew deep down in my heart that he was, but I never wanted to believe it.  

At the age of 16, I became pregnant.  He was aloud to sleep over so it didn't come as a surprise. I know what parent would let their abusive boyfriend sleepover their house?????  Again, I can't answer that!  I remember the day we went over his parents house to tell them.  It wasn't a surprise to them either. They all asked me what I wanted to do??? I was 16 years old I had no clue the huge responsibility that I was about to face.  I had no medical insurance whatsoever.  You would of thought that his parents would have at the least offered to help pay or make him get a job!  My mom was then responsible for the entire bill which included prenatal care and labor/delivery.  Throughout my pregnancy I became depressed. We grew farther and farther apart.  My friends that I had pushed away had nothing in common with a pregnant girl.  I was alone.  I went to school everyday and came home and slept. As it got close to the birth of our baby he began to come around again.  Things seemed like they were getting better. I remember the night I went into labor I called his house and told his mom and she told me he had to go to school the next day and didn't think he would be there.  He did come though.  Immediately, that next morning in the hospital I remember him coming up with a friend and leaving after a couple of minutes.  It was almost like a toy to him.  But, it was so real to me.  This baby just came out of my body and I felt every movement for 9 long months.  It was more than real.  


No comments:

Post a Comment